Bluetooth speakers are not new but getting them cheaper wasn’t a thing until boAt products got their way into the gadget world. They are releasing more new products frequently and they are not just another audio brand. They have their place in the market.
In this post, we are going to look into some of the special features like sound quality, design, build, and performance of the boAt stone 170 5W portable Bluetooth speakers and review of boAt stone 170 in detail.
This new boAt stone 170 5W Bluetooth speaker comes in five colors: Electric Blue, Charcoal Black, Camo Green, Mysterious Maroon, and Cobalt Blue.
It is perfect to hold. So, it is easy to carry around anywhere. It is compatible with all Bluetooth devices, can be used for parties in a slightly big room, or rather a fun alone late-night emergency party due to its wireless connectivity.
The speaker has around six thousand ratings on Amazon with an average of 4.1 out of 5
Boat Stone 170 Bluetooth Speaker Full Review in Detail with Pros and Cons
What comes in the box of boAt stone 170 Bluetooth speaker?
The packaging contains
- A stone 170 speaker
- A user manual to guide you through the setup
- A Micro USB cable to connect with your devices as an alternative option
- It also comes with an Aux cable with a 3.5mm jack to connect to your devices to avoid signal loss and provide better sound quality.
Boat Stone 170 Full Specifications
|Model Name||Stone 170|
|Product Dimensions||18.4 x 7.6 x 7.6 cm; 499 Grams|
|Batteries||Lithium Polymer batteries|
|Compatible Devices||All Bluetooth Devices|
|Special Features||SD Card|
|Maximum Output Power||Active|
|Manufacturer||Imagine Marketing Pvt Ltd|
|Check Lowest Price||Boat Stone 170|
Boat Stone 170 Review: Full Features Detail
Stone 170 comes with an 1800 mAh Lithium Polymer battery which will take around one to two hours to charge it completely.
Battery life of boAt stone 170
You have to use the USB provided in the package for effective results.
It is advisable to charge after turning off the speaker to charge it to the full level.
After it is charged completely, the LED light will indicate it. You can then switch off the plug and play the speaker.
You can use it for up to 6 hours nonstop without worrying about switching it off in between. This can be manageable for average parties and family functions.
Boat Stone 170 Controls
- You can skip songs by pressing the volume buttons for an extended time.
- When you need louder music, you can tether this to multiple speakers wireless using the button on top of the speaker.
- The interesting feature is that the speaker will turn off by itself if it is kept aside for ten minutes. It will save battery and will be hassle-free.
Design and build structure: Boat 170 Review
- It has an inbuilt microphone which is useful for attending phone calls.
- There is a LED light to notify you when it is playing and charging.
- The speaker addresses when it is turned ON/OFF and while connecting/ disconnecting to Bluetooth.
- When your device is connected via Bluetooth, the amount of charge left in your battery will be shown in the notification.
- It feels rigid but also lightweight and easy to handle with a strong grip.
- It is IPX 6 water-resistant. So not to worry about taking care of it all the time when a glass of water is near or when rainwater splashes through creaks.
- With different attractive colors, it is beautiful and catchy.
- There is a protective cover over the USB and Aux cable port which prevents dust accumulation and stays in perfect condition for a long-lasting period.
Sound Quality Performance: Boat Stone 170 Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
Vocals are good for watching a movie on mobile or laptop, but there is some distortion when the volume is raised above eighty percent. It is better if the volume is maintained below eighty. But while playing the music, it performs well even with a high volume.
Voice is clear without the noise muffled or too strained. So, it is painless to hear the words accurately. It is loud for a small and normal-sized room. But you will need another speaker for a bigger hall.
Bass is average. There is no vibration on the surface when the sound is on. So, the music is only heard, not felt. This may not be for people who have hearing loss if they want to feel the vibration.
Phone Calls can be answered even when it is plugged into the speaker. Since it has a microphone, it is easy to attend calls while it is connected.
Connectivity in boAt 170 Bluetooth Speaker:
- It comes with a 4.2 Bluetooth version with a connectivity range of up to 15 meters which is average and practical for normal use.
- It supports a micro-SD card and 3.5mm jack Aux cable which is convenient if you don’t want to go wireless sometimes.
More Related to Speakers
Boat Stone 170 Pros and Cons
Advantages of having boAt stone 170:
- Easy to carry around with a size like a coffee mug and can be fit into even shoulder bags so easily and doesn’t take much space.
- You can switch it on anywhere, start music and have a social connection instantly anytime.
- Since carrying cables and adapters aren’t necessary, you can take it outdoors.
- They are energy efficient because they consume only a low amount of power but lasts longer than ordinary speakers.
- You don’t have to have great knowledge to use this since it’s very simple and to the point.
- Whether you are having a small back porch party or a friend’s get-together party, no need to carry big stereos and waste too much of your time.
- It is also helpful if you have a kid in your house. You can play them rhymes or any other educational songs while keeping the speaker somewhere top where they can’t reach and not bother about them switching it off randomly or knocking it down.
- If you are a sports enthusiast, this will come handy both in outdoors or while working out inside your room and not worry about getting water or sweat on it.
Drawbacks of boAt stone 170 speakers:
- This speaker doesn’t have the new type-C USB which is a minor inconvenience since you have to carry around the included USB everywhere you take the speaker to charge it.
- FM is not supported. It is a major issue for people who still listen to them. But if it’s not a bother for you, then please go ahead.
Final Verdict: Boat Stone 170 Review
Other than these two problems, I think boat stone 170 is the best portable Bluetooth speaker with 5W for this price range and considering the various aspects like Water resistance, louder vocals, rigid structure, fair enough Bluetooth range, easy to understand and use buttons, battery life, and backup, in-built microphone, and automatic turn off, this is the best you can get and worth every penny you put on it.
With different options, you can choose your favorite color. The design will make you look classy. All the added advantages are more than what you can expect. After weighing all pros and cons, we suggest you go for it. We decidedly recommend it if this fits your budget and we hope this boAt 170 Bluetooth review helped you.