Boat Rockerz 335 Review: Is it really worth it?
The company describes them as the new G.O.A.T (Greatest Of All Time) of all Bluetooth earphones.
With a super sporty design and an alloy build, these earphones come with a price tag of ₹1999 which, to be frank, sounds reasonable considering the features that are included in these earphones.
Boat Rockerz 335 Review in Detail
Boat Rockerz 335 Box Content
- Boat Rockerz 335 Bluetooth Headset
- 2 Extra Earmuffs(ear tips) Small and Large Size
- One C type Charging Cable
- Manual and Warranty Card
- Boat other Products Catalogue Booklet
Boat Rockerz 335 Specifications: Top Features
- Connections: Bluetooth v5.0
- Driver Size: 10mm
- ASAP Fast Charging: Yes
- Sweat & Water Rating: IPX5
- Noise Cancellation: Qualcomm CVC 8.0
- Daul Pairing: Yes
- Audio Technology: Qualcomm aptX Classic & HD Decoder
- Battery Capacity: 150mAh
Boat Rockerz 335 Review: Audio, Latency, Calling
Boat Rockerz 335 Audio Performance:
The boat Rockerz 355, with its 10mm audio drivers, compares quite favorably to other headsets in its price range.
In fact, in the case of bass performance, we can say this is the definitive winner.
The bass response is quite loud and boomy, and listening at 100% is almost impossible for long periods of time.
But you will not get super extra punchy bass. Or you can say they provide decent bass.
The treble performance also won’t disappoint you. The whole soundstage for the boat Rockerz 335 is quite lush and inviting.
The clarity in music applications is practically unmatched, and in real-life testing, the ear strain factor doesn’t appear even after hours of music.
The wingtips, made of the same material as the body of the set, are also a plus point in the ear strain department.
They are removable, too, in case you wish to go without.
If we go into the specs a bit, the 20hz to 20khz label is one that many devices claim. The boat Rockerz 335 wears it with pride.
Even in a comparative analysis against the Oneplus Z wireless and the previous-gen boat 255, the 335 holds its own.
This is mostly due to the better sound driver in the 335 as well as the added audio science that the boat has put in with all its experience in current-gen Bluetooth devices.
There is noticeable distortion when we turn the volume up to 100% though.
This is somewhat common, but not really something that we can just sweep under the table.
Thankfully, in our testing, we found the boat Rockerz 335 to be sufficiently loud that the average listener would conceivably never have to go above 60% volume.
This is great, as the distortion at that volume did cause us a bit of ear strain.
Also, the volume itself was almost unbearably loud at that level, so we wouldn’t recommend listening at the max volume for too long anyway.
If you want to feel the real music experience boat 335 then use them in aptX enabled mobile.
This means that, while not perfect, background noise from wherever you’re calling is still eliminated from the call audio.
This is something that we would definitely wish that boat works on for the next-gen device.
If you are in a very crowded place then there are some distortion catch by boat 335 headphone.
There is some noise reduction like we mentioned, but it seems to come at the cost of overall call volume.
The inline mic quality on the boat Rockerz 335 is also quite decent, which helps with the call quality.
It’s not the best in class or anything, and in fact, the Oneplus Z earphone mic gives it a run for its money, even without the CVC noise cancellation.
This is most apparent when the OnePlus Bullets Z is used with an Oneplus device.
On other devices, we had to check quite a few times to be able to discern the extent of the difference in quality.
Both of the latter are meant to decrease latency through audio stream compression.
This does hold up pretty well in real life as well. The latency, in games and on-call, is barely noticeable.
If we compare between its competitors, the boat Rockerz 335 lands solidly in between the Oneplus wireless bullets Z buds and the OPPO Enco M31 buds in terms of latency.
In-game, usually, the latency is low enough to be playable. Unless we compare it to a wired set or the Oneplus Z, the audio latency on the boat Rockerz 335 is not a problem or a standout feature.
With gaming, especially, unless you’re a pro gamer, you will have an excellent time.
The left and right channel separation, which is crucial for locating enemies by sound, is stunning in the boat Rockerz 335.
Boat Rockerz 335 Battery Performance
The listed battery of 150 mah is supposed to give you up to 30h of battery life with an average charge time of 30 to 40 minutes.
In real life usage, this translates to 40 to 45 minutes of charge for around 25 to 28 hours of battery life on medium volume.
The device also claims a fast charge (called ASAP Charge) that should take 10 min to provide a 10-hour charge.
This translates to around 6 to 8 hours of real-life playback.
Charging is through a USB Type-C port, which is what makes the fast charge capabilities work.
Overall, in the battery life category, the boat Rockerz 335 is the best Bluetooth neckband in their price range.
- These boAt Rockerz have a high build quality and are super durable thanks to the silicone neckband and the IPX5 resistance included with it.
- While the silicone ensures that your earphones bend but never break, the IPX5 has the job of protecting them from accidental splashes of water and sweat, and to be honest, it does its job pretty well, allowing you those hikes and jogs on a rainy day.
- The dual pairing feature enables you to connect two devices to your earphones at once.
- Now you can be productive while listening to your favorite music tracks simultaneously.
- These earphones pack a Type C interface for easy charging and work with almost any charging brick in the market.
- These earphones come with an included voice assistant which allows you to control your music, calls, and internet searches with the easy to access integrated controls and the built-in mic.
- This feature makes the earphones futuristic in their approach.
- Also apart from preventing breakage, the high-grade silicone neckband paired with an alloy metal control board gives the earphones a classy yet sporty look.
- These wireless earphones come in 3 variants for you to choose from. They also have magnetic earbuds that stick together to give you tangle-free wires every time.
- The classic neckband design makes it comfortable for long time usage. Just snap boat 335 on and you’re good to go.
Button Controls: Boat Rockerz 335 Review:
- Activate the Voice Assistant: Press MFB for 2 seconds
- Redialing Last Number: Press MFB 3 times
- Press MFB once to pause and play the audio.
- Next Song: Press and hold the plus(+) button for 2 seconds
- Previous Song: Press & hold the minus(-) button for 2 seconds
- You can reject an incoming call by pressing MFB for 2 seconds
- By pressing MFB once you can pick the incoming call. And by pressing again you can reject(cut) the ongoing call.
Boat Rockerz 335 Pros and Cons
Boat 335 Pros
- Biggest battery life Bluetooth earphone right now in the market(up to 28 hours)
- Supports Qualcomm aptX audio technology
- Qualcomm CVC 8.0
- ASAP(as soon as possible) fast charging
- Sweat & water-resistant(IPX5)
- Premium build and design
- Dual pairing
- Overall Enhanced balanced audio performance
Boat 335 Cons
- The noise cancellation is more of a padding feature right now.
- Mic quality could be better in this price bracket
- No call & notification vibration feature
- The magnetic lock does not perform any extra task such as play/pause the music
Conclusion: Boat Rockerz 335 Review
If you’re a sporty person looking to pick up a new exercise Headset, we’d certainly sign off on that.
With its excellent battery life, decent audio quality, and solid build, this Headset is definitive for this generation of the Bluetooth Neckband style.
If you are a bass lover like me then think before buying, because the bass performance is not super extraaaa bass in the boat rockerz 335.
It is a recommended buy at the Rs 1999 price point we initially saw it at, but you might wish to search the market a bit more if you find it at Rs 2499 as we did later.